Here are the activities under this domain:
- Practical Implementation: Whenever we talk about road accidents what first comes in the minds is that the streets are not good and government is doing nothing to solve the issue. The issue has become so intense that it is being used for the election purposes. The issue will not be solved until the youth find the solution of such problems and further ping the governmental departments for implementing the same so that they actually realizes that the youth is actually concerned about the same. This will actually force them to start implementing the solutions.
Under this activity the teams will be required to find the issue that is prevailing in the infrastructure due to which the accidents are happening, find the solution of the same and get the document formed of the issue in detail signed by the required governmental authority that they will solve the particular issue.
The activity has been divided into 3 Phases:-
Note:- Bonus points will be allotted if the teams are able to get the solutions implemented.
- Phase 1 - Under this phase the teams will be required to find the issue in the infrastructure due to which the accidents are happening.
- Phase 2 - Find the feasible solution of the same issue and the on the basis of the factual data and survey that will be conducted on the streets.
- Phase 3 - Get the solution report signed by the required governmental authority.
- Live poll session: Rather then just thinking on what can be the solution of the issue that we are facing in the life it becomes very important to give the direction to the same on the basis of the facts. Hence this activity tries to solve the same issue in which the teams will be required to conduct live poll session in the major pages of the colleges etc where the teams will be asking the questions on the domain from which they belong.
- The same is required to be floated through the facebook page of college.
- Should be based on the technical knowledge.
- Higher the participants higher points will be allotted.
- List of all the participants along with the email ids to be transferred.
- Review sheet of the participants to be transferred.
- Case study: Idea plays a very significant role in determining which can actually bring a lot of difference whether an issue can be solved or not. Sometimes an idea may be small however can create a very huge impact for instance due to the non presence of a divider at a particular place leads to around 50 accidents in a month, by placing the same 50 accidents can be reduced. Hence the case study competition has been included in has order to find the best feasible solution to a particular problem which can be further used to solve the same.
Rules and Regulations:
- You can register Individually or in a team of 2 to 4 members.
- One person can not be part of more than one team.
- The competition will be conducted in two rounds. Round 1 will consist of case solution in PPt format and Round 2 will be a live presentation in front of the panel at IIT BHU.
- Top 10 teams will proceed to Round 2 based on their solution.
- The entries will be judged on the basis of Logical Flow, Analytical Reasoning, Innovative solution and presentation.
- Top 10 teams of Round 1 will receive certificate of appreciation.
- Research on the new type of devices that can be made: One of the major issue regarding the accidents in the context of the country like India is the negligence of the people while driving the vehicles or performing the other roles on the roads, the solution of the same can be further divided into 3 parts:-
On all the above mentioned areas the technical part is something which will boost the speed up the impact we can create and will further help us to achieve our goal much faster as compared to the other terms.
- Awaring and educating to the people - quite difficult since can be quite easy to evaluate on the basis of the previous years stats.
- Making the laws and implementing the same - A long term solution since the system is based on Democracy.
- Technical changes - The other thing is the technical aspect.
Under this the teams will be required to incorporate the following things in their overall work:-
Note:- The best project that will be coming under the project will be financed by the indian road safety campaign in which the students will be required to work.
- Idea that has not been worked till now that can be on any technical domain
- Detailed analysis on how the same will work in order to achieve the goal of reduction of the road accidents in the country.
- Estimated financial requirement of the same solution that is required to be implemented.
For Certificate , It’s compulsory to conduct all the minimum activities.
Points are assigned to each and every task floated. The evaluation of any team registered would be done on the basis of submissions of online documents such as reports, the photos and videos as per the requirement of the task. The submitted work will be analyzed by the judges and mentors.